Alcornocales Nature Park
Organized by: FSC International & FSC Spain
Dates: 6 & 13 September
Duration: 12 hours
An FSC certified public forest administered autonomously, located in the Province of Cádiz and part of Málaga; it extends from the mountains to the recently-created Estrecho Nature Park and offers a wide diversity of terrains and landscapes.
Area: 167,767 ha.
Date of designation: July 28,1989
Municipalities: Alcalá de Los Gazules, Algar, Algeciras, Arcos de La Frontera, Barrios (los), Benalup-casas Viejas, Benaocaz, Bosque (el), Castellar de La Frontera, Jerez de La Frontera, Jimena de La Frontera, Medina-sidonia, Prado del Rey, San Jose del Valle, Tarifa, Ubrique, Cortes de La Frontera.
- Departure from Seville 8:00 a.m. Arrival at the Suberoteca 10:00 a.m.
- Coffee 10:00 -10:30
- 10:30 -11: 30. Visit to the Suberoteca (the building that houses the collection of classified cork tree samplings)
- 12:30- 15:00 Visit to Canuto de Risco Blanco
- 15:30-16:30 Refreshments in La Almoraima Finca
- 17:00-18:30. Visit to Castellar de la Frontera
- 18:30-20:00 Return to Seville
Number of participants: 50 - 60 persons
Degree of difficulty: Low-medium difficulty