The Members' Assembly, where motions are debated and voted on, will take place on 11 and 12 September.
Over the last 20 years, the FSC General Assembly has developed into a unique forum where significant agreements on a wide range of forestry issues are reached. It provides a dynamic environment in which valuable concerns and constructive criticisms can be presented by different stakeholders, who then collaborate in an equitable way to make the strategic decisions that define FSC’s future direction.
By the time they are discussed at the GA, motions have usually already gone through a long process of consultation and modification, demonstrating the maturity of the membership in addressing FSC’s mission and vision.
Although it is open to observers, only FSC members have the right to vote at the GA, and to formulate and submit motions.
Room: Gran Sevilla
Thursday 11 September 2014, 08:30 - 18:00
Friday 12 September 2014, 08:30 - 17:30
· Opening Ceremony
· Approval of Agenda
· Business Report by the FSC Board of Directors
· Financial Report by the Treasurer of the FSC Board of Directors
· Business Report by the FSC Director General
· Approval of Membership List
· Destitution of members whose membership has lapsed
· Report on the Motions adopted at the 2011 FSC General Assembly
· Approval of the Electoral Committee
· Approval of the Protocol for the FSC General Assembly of Members
· Report of the Motions Committee
· Discussion and decision on Statutory Motions
· Discussion and decision on Policy Motions