Sierra Norte Nature Park
Organized by: FSC International & FSC Spain
Dates: 14 September
Duration: 11 hours
An FSC certified public forest, administered autonomously.
Rolling hills, with a predominance of converted pastureland areas with oaks and cork trees, mixed with Mediterranean forests and some olive groves and vineyards. In some shady, humid areas in the municipalities of Constantina and Cazalla, along with the only Pyrenean oaks in the province, there are also groves of chestnut trees for harvesting the branches. Next to the El Robledo Visitors’ Center, there is a botanical garden with the same name in which there is a collection of the plant species that are most characteristic of the Sierra Morena.
Municipalities: Alanís, Almadén de La Plata, Cazalla de La Sierra, Constantina, Guadalcanal, Navas de La Concepción (las), Pedroso (el), Puebla de Los Infantes (la), Real de La Jara (el), San Nicolás del Puerto
Area: 177,484 ha.
Date of designation: July 28, 1989
- Departure from Seville 9:00 a.m. Arrival at the Visitors’ Center at 10:00 a.m.
- Coffee 10:00 -10:30
- 11:00-14:00 Visit to FSC certified Las Navas Berrocal forest
- 14:00-15:30 Lunch in the restaurant on the finca
- 16:00-18:00. Visit to Vía Verde or Cerro del Hierro (natural monument)
- 18:00-20:00 Return to Seville
Number of participants: 50 – 60 persons
Degree of difficulty: Low-medium difficulty